Explore the Unexplored Darjeeling – A Brief Guide
Nestled amongst the steep Himalayan ridge, adorned by lush-green tea gardens and crowned by the majestic Kanchenjunga – Darjeeling is literally the Queen of the Hills. It features a number of attractions that most tourists and travellers, both domestic and international, typically explore and enjoy. But there are some that usually tourists don’t explore. And choosing the right Darjeeling tour packages is absolutely needed so you don’t miss any unexplored attractions. Some of such attractions are mentioned here for you.
- Peace pagoda – This gorgeous and graceful shrine is meant to endorse peace. This pagoda was established by famous Japanese monk Nichidatsu Fujii with an aim to promote peace and harmony across the world. Visiting the pagoda is a must if you really want to enjoy an outright tranquil ambience, far from the hustle and bustle of busy life.
- Batasia Loop – Though every tourist coming to Darjeeling is aware of this place only some actually are aware of its interesting blend of history and patriotism. Just venture out to this famous mountainous loop which plays an important role in goodness of Darjeeling, both scenically and historically. Whether you are traveling your way via toy train or just walking back from Tiger Hill, stop at this railway loop going around the Gorkha War Memorial which was established to honour the brave soldiers from this region to participated and laid down their lives both in World Wars. A reputed tour operator like Holiday Guide is very likely to fulfill your wish to arrange a visit to this loop.
- Teesta white water rafting – Teesta is one of the bests in India to offer white water rafting. Being an adrenaline junky you shouldn’t miss this. Teesta white water rafting is loaded with a bunch of rapids with diversified intensities ranging between grade 1 and 4 while the least one is permitted to trained rafters only owing to the level of danger associated with it. This experience can be gathered with any Sikkim tour packages as well.
- Stay at tea gardens – More or less 80 operational tea gardens span across thousands of acres of land in Darjeeling. The tea of this small Himalayan town is world famous for its authentic aroma. This is often called as the “Mecca of Tea”. Visiting tea gardens is nothing new. Any travel agency in Kolkata is likely to arrange a visit to tea gardens. But you just don’t settle for a visit. Plan a stay here. Many of the estates have had their comfy lodging facilities. Whether a British Era Colonial mansion or budget lodging, you will find one as per your need and budget. This is the best for a perfect vacation amidst blissful environs away from the chaotic city life.
- Delicious treatment for the hunger pangs – Darjeeling is the ultimate destination with its scrumptious answers to indulge your food cravings. And Thukpa and Momos are something that you shouldn’t miss here. They are inexpensive and utterly yummy. You can find food joints at every nook and corner of Darjeeling to offer these. Besides, your trip is incomplete without having a breakfast at Keventers. Apart from Salami, Sausage, Sandwich, you should also try their Cheese Toast along with a cup of piping hot typical Darjeeling tea. Whether Gangtok tour packages or Darjeeling tour packages, choosing the right one is important to get the most of your time and money.
These are a few things you shouldn’t skip to explore while in Darjeeling.